Welcome to the practice of Dr. Irene D. Combs.
Dr. Irene D. Combs attended the University of Illinois in Urbana, IL and Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago, IL where she received a Doctor of Optometry degree in 1991.
Dr. Combs continues to keep her knowledge of the most recent advances in optometric care updated by attending seminars regularly.
This education has driven the decision to bring the latest technology into her new office in Western Springs to give every patient the ultimate in care.
Whether you need new contacts or glasses, Dr. Combs ensures you will also leave the office knowing about the underlying health of your eyes.
Digital Imagery to look for and follow Macular Degeneration, Diabetes, and drug induced changes in the retina is offered routinely.
Computer analysis of the Optic Nerve with a GDxVCC allows for early detection of optic nerve changes that may occur with Glaucoma or Optic Neuropathy.
Visual Field Screening rules out any defect along the visual pathway to the brain, detecting tumors or Glaucoma.
These procedures enable Dr. Combs to begin her comprehensive examination already knowing a great deal about each patient's health before she begins to evaluate the Eyecare needs.
Dr. Combs Specializes in:
- Hard to fit contact lenses, Rigid Gas Permeable, Bifocal or Astigmatism.
- Early detection of Glaucoma.
- Listening to each patient's needs at the initial visit or on a follow up visit to fine tune details of the treatment needed.
- Offering the most comprehensive Eye Exam Available.
- Creating a relaxed environment to evaluate all of your EyeCare needs
Please call or stop in to see the office and inquire about the many EyeCare insurances accepted.
When you visit Dr. Combs, you will receive a thorough eye exam that includes:
- A review of health and ocular history
- A detailed ocular health assessment
- A dilated evaluation of the structures inside the eye
- A comprehensive set of tests to evaluate all of your eyeglass and/or contact lens needs.
Dr. Combs uses the information gained by these tests to optimize the visual needs of each patient.
Do you need:
- Contact Lenses for Astigmatism
- Bifocal Contacts, or Monovision
- Bifocal Glasses ~ lined or "no-line"
- Colored Contacts for dark or light eyes
- Computer / Piano Glasses
- Rx Sunglasses, Polarized, UV, etc.
Please let us know if you have insurance coverage you would like us to look into.
|Day ||Open ||Appointments |
|Monday ||9:30 - 2:30 ||None |
|Tuesday ||9:30 - 7:00 ||9:30 - 6:00 |
|Wednesday ||9:30 - 4:00 ||9:30 - 2:30 |
|Thursday ||12:00 - 8:00||4:00 - 7:00 |
|Friday ||9:30 - 5:00 ||10:00 - 4:00 |
|Saturday ||8:30 - 1:00 ||8:30 - 12:00 |
We are open every other Saturday; please call to confirm.